Let Me Help You Find It
Subscribe via email
Catch Me Outside
My Life & Then Some On Instagram
What I’m Tweeting AboutMy Tweets
So What You Saying?
The names have been changed to protect the innocent and not so innocent…
Kelly was asked to go to the movies by her long time friend, Donte. Their history can be read in my previous post, “Not only was he controlling but sexually…” She decided to take him up on his offer despite their history and met him at his house so that he could drive. On the way to the movie, she asked if after the movie they could go grab a bite to eat at a restaurant that was near the theatre. His response was, ‘Is that how you do it? That’s your problem, Kelly, you are used to these men doing whatever you say.” She chose to ignore him and they continued on to the movies.
At the movies, he gets some popcorn and she didn’t get anything. She didn’t want anything from there. After the movies, she asked again could they stop for something to eat and he responded, “I have stuff for sandwiches at the house.” “Okay, that’s cool,” she responded, starving by this time. Before they got to his house she said, “What type of cheese do you have because I don’t eat American Cheese.”
“What are you talking about? I don’t have anything for sandwiches at my house,” Donte responded.
She looked at him like he was crazy, but again chose to ignore him.
They get in the house and again, she expresses the fact that she is hungry. He asks her what she wants to eat and they leave to go pick up the food.
Back at the house, he asks what does she want to watch, “Die Hard or Coach Carter?” She says neither one. Of course, he had a problem with that. Kelly decides to go home and he walks her to the door. As she is getting in her car, she drops her phone somewhere in the car. She was driving her daughters car and couldn’t figure out to turn the lights on in the inside of the car. She decides to ask Donte for a flashlight and looks up and he has already gone in the house. He didn’t bother waiting to see if she got in the car safely and drive off. She eventually found her phone and drove home.
Upon getting home, she gave him a call him and asked “Why didn’t you bother to wait to make sure I drove off safely?” His response was, “Why? Was I supposed to watch you drive off into the sunset?” She hung up and never spoke to him again.
WHAT THE SEXY SINGLE MOMMY WOULD HAVE DONE
1. If you read the back story on this…I wouldn’t have NEVER (and that is NEVER with my neck rolling and my finger moving from side to side) gave him a second of my time again after all the BS he pulled before. I wouldn’t give a damn millisecond of my time!
2. If I go out with a man, I shouldn’t have to say that I’m hungry. He should ask! If for some reason he didn’t, I mentioned that I was hungry and he responded the way that Donte did, he would have been turning that car and taking me to my car AND on the way, I would be calling one of those men who “gave me my way” to take me out. But not before, I cussed him out for even making a stupid ass statement like that!!
3. I would have never made it to the movies…but lets say that by some crazy ass reason, I did…after the movie if a man mentioned that he had “stuff for sandwiches” at home, I would have said, “REALLY? Do I LOOK like that kind of woman who you can take back to your house and feed sandwiches?” After she said that she didn’t eat American cheese and he acted like he didn’t know what she was talking about, ALL bets would have been off! There wasn’t anyone else in the car but the two of you,
WHO IN THE HELL ELSE MENTIONED SOME DAMN SANDWICHES IF NOT YOU!!!!
4. Now, I would have never went into the house after all of this but why would we leave AGAIN to get something to eat when we just got back and I said NUMEROUS times that I was hungry!
5. It should go without saying that a man should not have to be told that he should insure that any woman who leaves his home or anywhere, gets to her car safely and drives off. He should have walked her to her car! His actions basically said that he didn’t give a damn about her or her well-being.
Now, it’s time for you to tell me…WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Photo Credits: singleblackmale.com,